Fiduciary Role of the Audit CommitteeDate: January 17, 2013
Time: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Speakers: Daniel T. Condon, CPA, and James J. Hankowski, CPA, Condon O'Meara McGinty & Donnelly LLP
"The Fiduciary Role of the Audit Committee" was held on January 17, 2013. The webinar recording is now available to view on-demand.
To request a recorded webinar, please contact Curtis Rogers at email@example.com or 202-822-9822. There is no charge for NCA members to request the webinar recording.
This program will provide an overview of audit committee responsibilities in the private club industry. It will provide a basic understanding of how the audit committee functions and its fiduciary responsibilities including:
- Appropriate size of committee
- Is an audit committee necessary or required for your club?
- The committee’s role in review of internal controls
- Areas of risk
- Required communications with outside auditors, management and board members
- How often committee should meet
- Requirements under Sarbanes Oxley
- Establishing a “whistleblower” policy
- Use of industry benchmarking