National Club Association's 2012 National Club Conference Agenda
National Club Conference Moves to New York City
(Washington, D.C., April 5, 2012) - The ninth annual National Club Conference will be held in New York City, N.Y., April 29 - 30, 2012, at the University Club of New York, located in Midtown Manhattan. The conference will feature presentations by industry experts and provide timely information on pertinent issues facing the private club industry.
The conference will begin on Sunday evening, April 29, with a reception and dinner at the New York Athletic Club, followed by a dessert reception at the University Club of New York. The conference programs commence on Monday with educational programming, highlighting essential updates on legislation impacting the club industry and vital information on membership marketing, management and governance topics affecting the future of private clubs. The conference agenda includes:
- The Economic Outlook for 2012 and Beyond, Paul Robertson, Alliance Bernstein Global Wealth Management
- Strategic Issues for Private Club Leaders, Henry B. DeLozier, Global Golf Advisors
- Membership Development Strategies: What Works, What to Avoid, Tools and Tips, Frank Vain, The McMahon Group (moderator); Jeffrey McFadden, The Union League of Philadelphia; John M. Schultz, Carmel Country Club; and Stephen Ready, VCT
- The 2012 Legislative & Regulatory Outlook: Changes to Expect for the Private Club Community, Brad D. Steele, National Club Association
- Recreational and Sports Trends for Clubs: The Key to Your Club's Own Fitness, Bradley Sullivan, Senior Director of Member Programs, PGA of America; Joan Carter, Vice Chairman, Cybex; Dr. Paul M. Juris, Cybex Institute for Exercise Science
- Best Practices for Club Leaders: 50 Ways to Improve Your Board, Daniel M. Denehy, Club Thinking Partners (moderator); Tammy Tassitano, McGladrey; Robyn Nordin Stowell, Stinson Morison Hecker LLP; Robert C. James, Westchester Country Club; Timothy Sullivan, Thompson Coburn, LLP.
"We are thrilled to bring so many industry experts together in New York City for the 2012 National Club Conference," said Susanne R. Wegrzyn, NCA President & CEO. "It's not only an excellent educational opportunity, but also a chance for leaders in the private club community to network and share ideas with their industry peers."
The conference will also feature a luncheon presentation by Congressman Michael G. Grimm (R-NY), providing an insider's perspective on the actions of the 112th Congress and the major congressional issues in 2012, as well as valuable insights on the outlook for the 2012 Congressional elections.
The National Club Conference is made possible with support from our President's Circle sponsor,Condon O'Meara McGinty & Donnelly LLP; premiere sponsors, PKF O'Connor Davies and the Metropolitan Club Foundation; presenting sponsors, NCA Foundation and IBS, Inc.; and, participating sponsors, Bridgepoint Insurance Group, HFTP, Maxlite, Egan & Egan, and Royal Cup Coffee.
For more than 50 years, the National Club Association (NCA), a Washington, D.C.-based trade association, has served as the primary advocate for private clubs, representing their interests on Capitol Hill, in the regulatory agencies, in the statehouses and in the courthouses. In addition, NCA serves as an invaluable resource for professional and volunteer club leaders, providing resources on industry trends, legislative and regulatory issues, governance best practices, operational issues, and ways to strengthen club leadership through its publications and educational programs. For more information on NCA, visit www.nationalclub.org.